Internship week 1.


One week of internship has passed.
And how was it?

I have always heard people say to me, Carmen oh Carmen, what do you know? Working life is hard. Harder than you think.

Maybe I can't say much yet because it has only been my first week.

But is working hard? Is it as unbearable as some people make it out to be?
I am in a small accounting firm.
Most people say that being an accountant is the most boring thing ever.

Well, what do I say to this?

I say that it's bullshit.

Work is hard because there are things that you actually have to do and it actually requires effort.
But mostly, it's because I miss having my time to myself. And now, my time belongs to the firm and I can't do what I like such as napping or going online.

But at the same time, I feel productive. Like I am actually doing something important that helps out.
I am only an intern so I don't really get to do the big important stuff. I am just given simple tasks that most people don't want to do because it's tedious and tiring.
Currently, I am just proof reading tax claims documents.

However, despite doing the simple tasks such as this, I don't feel bored or anything. To me, everything is a learning experience. I find it exciting to see how the accounting I learnt in my textbook being applied in real life. I hear phone calls from my colleagues to their clients and they speak the things that I have read in my textbooks and I found that really really cool.

To be honest, I really wished that I was an intern in a big huge accounting firm. But then again, it's okay. Because internship is about learning and as long as I am learning, it's all good. 

Working isn't hard to me for now. It's interesting. A new phase in my life that will be coming soon.
So now, I realized that I have to probably think hard about what I want from my career and how to achieve that.
I'd probably would have to schedule a meeting with my lecturer one day and talk to him.

So yea. 

So far, so good.


Comments

Happy "Sam" said…
Happy to hear that !!
You are really positif !!
Keep it forever !!

everything is a learning experience !!
I love this word that you said !!

Work is not hard just see how we look on it !!
See i happy happy working !!
I also can update blog, facebook and enjoy with family !!
^_^

Life is full of challager !!

I love it !

Popular posts from this blog

Stress and Retail therapy.

Being down.

Thanks for the memories.