First month


Well, it's almost the end of the first month of my new job.

How do I feel about it?

As usual, I'm a little worried.

The department that they assigned me to sounds very technical and that worries me. I never saw myself as a very technical person. I worry that it might not fit me.
But long term wise, this is a good career move because this job will allow me to have experience in where I want to have experience in so it's a good thing.

But then again, I haven't started in my home department. And I can only really start to feel it out once I actually start the job.

Right now, I am still in the honeymoon phase of the new job because this is a programme. So they will be rotating me.

Currently, I am in the branch in order to experience and understand how this business works. By being in the branch, we will be able to see firsthand how the business work in the front lines. So when we get sent back to the headquarters, we would better understand the processes and what happens in the branch. 

Personally, I like being in the branch. Being a person who sees the big picture easily, this really helps me better understand the business as a whole and helps me understand my role in the company. It really gives me better depth to see the branch.

But most of all, what I really like is to watch my knowledge being used. All my economic knowledge isn't something that just something that I know. But here, they will use it or atleast I'll be constantly exposed to it.

Maybe my next post will be about why I love economics and why I am an economist at heart.

But for today, I'll just talk about my new job.

Right now, I'm enjoying it.

I just hope that I will love my home department job. hahaha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stress and Retail therapy.

Being down.

Thanks for the memories.